6502 cross compiler CC65, a C crosscompiler / crossassembler combo for 6502 systems.
* Includes a C compiler, macro assembler, archiver and linker. The assembler generates relocatable object files, the linker is very configurable and allows overlays, ROMable code, splitted output and much more.
* The compiler is not quite ISO compatible, however, a large subset is supported.
* Supported target systems are:
- C16, C116, Plus/4
- CBM 600/700 family (programs run in bank 1)
- Newer PET machines (not 2001)
For all these systems a precompiled runtime and C library is available. Supporting more targets is not very difficult since the C library was written with portability in mind.
* Several system specific support routines like a conio library or modules for joystick access are available.
* The assembler and linker do also support the 65816 as a target, however, the compiler is not able to generate code for this CPU and there is no RTL support.
* Lots of docs and a few sample programs included.
* Easy interfacing between C code and assembler.
* Fullscreen debugger for most machines as a linkable module.
* Full sourcecode available as well as binaries for :
- Linux (RedHat 5.x RPM)
- Linux (SuSE 5.x RPM - I don't have access to a SuSE 6.0 box, sorry).
- Windows 95/98/NT